ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Vector graphics in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe BurudVector graphics in AE
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 3:56:33 pm

Hi,

I'm new to After Effects and I'm currently experiencing some problems when animating vectors. I've imported a layered ai file (in CS5) and created a new composition. I checked the continuously rasterize option for this layer in the main composition but when I apply effects (like a glow or light sweep) the image gets blurry. I know that the continuously rasterize checkbox allows you to scale images without distortion but does it work with z depth as well? My other option was to bring the image in as a psd with at a much higher resolution but I'd like to keep in vector if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Vector graphics in AE
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 4:36:37 pm

The first thing to check: your Illustrator document can NOT contain any bitmapped layers. They must be all vector layers.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe BurudRe: Vector graphics in AE
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 6:45:43 pm

Thanks Dave,

I have a camera attached to a null object and I'd like to use it to zoom in a vector chart. It only seems to work when I turn off the continuously rasterize option (making the chart blurry). Will this option only work with scale and not z-depth? I'd like to be able to move between images in 3d space without them getting blurry.

Thanks again for your help

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Vector graphics in AE
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 7:28:19 pm

It sounds like the AI layers may be in a nested comp. The Continuously Rasterize/Collapse Transformations switches must be turned on there, as well as for the nested comp within the main comp.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe BurudRe: Vector graphics in AE
by on Jan 26, 2011 at 10:04:47 pm

Thanks Dave, that seems to have fixed it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]