ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animate a null object along a path made in photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom LennonAnimate a null object along a path made in photoshop?
by on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:06:20 pm

Hey,

brand new to After Effects and have been following a number of tutorials to create some effects. However, there's one tiny little detail I can't seem to find anywhere as most places I've looked seem to over look the steps involved.

My problem is that, I made a path in photoshop with the pen tool to exactly what I wanted, made a new layer in AE and pasted this path in. I also have a particle emitter doing exactly what i want it to do after having watch a tutorial a number of times.

So now I have the two things I need. Now I would like to attach the particle emitter to the path, have it begin at the start of it and animate to the end of it.

How would I do this?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Joey ForemanRe: Animate a null object along a path made in photoshop?
by on Jan 23, 2011 at 12:53:38 pm

Pretty sure you just copy the path (the Mask Path on the layer you pasted the path) and paste it into the position property of the emitter. Then spread out the keyframes along the timeline to taste.

Joey Foreman
Editor/Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Animate a null object along a path made in photoshop?
by on Jan 23, 2011 at 5:52:43 pm

Joey's right. Here are specific instructions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Animate a null object along a path made in photoshop?
by on Feb 5, 2011 at 7:05:28 am

Depending on the particle emitter you are using, you may need an expression to make the emitter follow the path, particularly if you're using a 3d particle emitter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]