ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Can see anchor point on text layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damon BellCan see anchor point on text layer
by on Jan 22, 2011 at 5:58:29 pm

I know this is a dumb question. However, I've been messing with this for about 3 hours and I'm getting frustrated so hopefully someone can help.

I have some text layers in AE CS3 that I need to change the anchor point position for. When I select the text layer, all I see are the resizing handles for the text but not an anchor point.

The Adobe After CS3 help file says this- "Note: If you don’t see the anchor point in the Layer panel, select Anchor Point Path from the View menu at the bottom right of the Layer panel."

I don't even know what this is referring to and I can't find any option to view the anchor point. If I press "A" with the layer selected then I can see the anchor point position numbers and it is centered so it should be right in the middle of the text. I can manually change the position numbers. However, its still not visible on the screen and I can't grab it and drag it with the mouse like I want to.

I don't know why this is so difficult or why simple viewing an anchor point would be an option that is buried somewhere in After Effects.

I've done about 2 hours of google searching and can't figure this out. It must be really simple but I just can't seem to figure it out.

If someone could help and tell me how to turn the anchor point on I would really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Can see anchor point on text layer
by on Jan 22, 2011 at 7:31:27 pm

The note in the documentation about the Layer panel doesn't apply to text layers, since you can't view a text layer in the Layer panel. That's just for layers that use a footage item as their source.

You can set options for what you see in the Composition panel by changing the View Options.

Here's an image that shows the anchor point in its default location for a simple text layer:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved