ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

An quite odd frame rate conversation.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam SwireAn quite odd frame rate conversation.
by on Jan 22, 2011 at 2:12:12 pm

Hello ladies and gents, I have stumble upon a very simple issue that I can't figure out how to solve.

Let's hit the main course of this topic.

I have a footage projected in 60 Frames per Second, the whole footage is 4520 Frames. (1 min 15 secs)

Now here is the tricky part, the footage is slowed down. It's 5 times slower then the original speed I want. I want to simply speed it up but I do NOT want to lose any frames. Is this possible?

As the real footage is slowed down 5 times I should get a Framerate of 5 * 60 = 240 FPS footage played in real time.

The reason why I created this situation is that I wanted to have a high Frame rate in real time speed!

The whole sequence's is a JPEG.

Thank you so much for your time, best wished form Sam Swire!

I seriously suffer from some kind of memory loss in my young age.

I should tell you that After Effects composition settings limit frame rate to 99, and that does not affect my footage at all. I have used twixtor and as it's frame rate conversion is parented to the Composition settings renders that tool useless.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: An quite odd frame rate conversation.
by on Jan 22, 2011 at 6:00:19 pm

What do you intend to do with a 240fps movie? No media player will be able to play it. (Actually, 5*60 is 300, not 240, as you said. But, whatever, there's still no media player that plays video with such a high frame rate.)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: An quite odd frame rate conversation.
by on Jan 24, 2011 at 8:39:33 am

If you have an lcd screen it probably refreshes at 60hz, so you won't see more than 60fps. If you have a 120hz lcd or a CRT monitor which syncs with your video card at >60hz only then could you possibly see more than 60fps.

Todd already covered the media player issue.

Your video also would have to be super tiny, or you have extremely fast hard drives to be able to pull the data off the disk fast enough.

Bottom line: nice theory, but not practical or effective. If you wish video smoother than 29.976, you can render at 59.94fps, but you may not be able to tell the difference.

Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved