ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Not Opening/Starting Up

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan LundeAfter Effects Not Opening/Starting Up
by on Jan 21, 2011 at 6:32:06 am

Hello, I installed After Effects CS5 as a free trial. I open the program, but it doesn't work. It begins to load, but then this message appears: "You have at least one output module template that refers to a missing output plug-in. Please check your Output Module Templates. I then press OK, and another alert appears. "After Effects Alert" "Last log message was: <140735077268640> <5> /Library?Application Support/Adobe/Common/dynamiclink/CS5/ . Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes." I am completely new to After Effects, and I have no idea what to do. I spent a lot of time googling my problem, but I did not find anything. I hope posting this will help!

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: After Effects Not Opening/Starting Up
by on Jan 21, 2011 at 7:19:33 pm

that's a hard one to figure out...

i think i'd try uninstalling the trial, then reinstalling, making sure that no other software was running, especially virus software and see if that helps. in osx, you can boot the system in 'safe mode' which boots with a limited set of extensions, and essentially no 3rd party ones, which can help eliminate any interference from other software that the os is running in the background during an install.

also, double check the system requirements and make sure you're system meets the minimum, particularly the os version (don't worry about graphics card minimum, that's only necessary for opengl rendering, and that can be easily avoided).

you might also check which version of quicktime you're running... the latest is something like 7.9 -- note, if you are on a mac, you'll need to have quicktime 7 installed, the quicktime x player won't cut it for pro apps. quicktime 7 should be on the dvd that came with the mac, if you need it.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects Not Opening/Starting Up
by on Jan 22, 2011 at 6:21:36 am

My guess is that you're hitting the same underlying problem that is described in this thread.

See the second solution that I describe here about a blockage in TCP communication.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved