ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Format options

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith HendersonFormat options
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 4:14:55 pm

I would like to venture off and make AE render faster up until now I have been using RGB_ALPHA and I am sure that It is taking longer than necessary to do this. I would lke to render my DV wide project to DV but there are so many codecs to pick from. I use Vegas so when you tell Vegas avi it just renders, bo odec to pick, no (or few) settings to mess with. AE has all these settings (good for the person that is doing different formats. I am looking to get an avi with no alpha, regular old DV render, what settings?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Format options
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 5:19:43 pm

the codec isn't slowing down ae rendering much, but it may be slowing down the workflow to get renders back into vegas.

if you wanted to create an avi with dv compression to get back into vegas, then you could try file>export>avi and then choose the codec for the avi (there should be several dv options). you might also be able to use file>export>dv stream, if that works in vegas (it will create a .dv file, which can be more platform friendly, but if avi works for you i don't see what the difference would be).

however, file>export typically renders slower than rendering through the render queue... so time gained in one area is lost a bit in another.

also, if you needed to keep alpha transparency, then there aren't too many codecs that will keep the alpha (definitely not dv), so then you'd be looking for a codec that can have an alpha channel and work well with both vegas and after effects... and i can't help much with the vegas portion.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved