ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE out of memory 23 :: 40

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dorit grunbergerAE out of memory 23 :: 40
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 6:56:47 am

Hi to all

I'm was just starting to explore the wonderful world of AE, when my exploration was rudely interrupted by this crappy error.
OSX 10.5.8, 8 core Mac Pro, 12GB memory with 9GB dedicated to AE.

All I was trying to do was use the puppet tool to animate some flames. Didn't get very far so I'm not sure where the memory sponge is, nor how to rectify.
Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE out of memory 23 :: 40
by on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:44:45 pm

You may want to compare your memory & processor settings to the ones recommended here:

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sigrun LydsdottirRe: AE out of memory 23 :: 40
by on May 17, 2011 at 11:56:09 am

I had the same just now, and my auto safe was not on.... did you find out what was wrong? all my other projects work except for that one... was using puppet tool and rotation together and all of a sudden this message :/

Return to posts index

dorit grunbergerRe: AE out of memory 23 :: 40
by on May 17, 2011 at 2:33:40 pm

No, never figured it out, but am almost positive that you just need more RAM, What Adobe doesn't tell you about their wonderful production suite is that it requires an enormous amount of memory and acceleration. I've been using Apple's Motion for most things. Let me know if you find out anything else.

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Shahane BekarianRe: AE out of memory 23 :: 40
by on Mar 19, 2012 at 4:31:49 am

Does your artwork have any thin regions like wire? After using the puppet tool from it's release I have never experienced this till now, I'm trying to manipulate a gaming controller and I think it's having issues with the cable section. Putting a solid behind the artwork in the precomp seems to clear the ram error message.

So try using the puppet tool in a scaled up precomp and then scale it down in your working comp.

Return to posts index

Alex SerbanRe: AE out of memory 23 :: 40
by on Apr 24, 2014 at 6:39:37 pm

I get this error message every time I try pickwhipping a 3D layer's position's dimensions to its own X, Y, and Z properties. It can be any 3D layer including a simple solid, and this happens even after I restart my computer and only have AE running. My system has 8gb of RAM so that shouldn't actually be an issue. My memory settings are at the recommended level.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved