ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to fill from bottom to top?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diewer LalemanHow to fill from bottom to top?
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 12:34:59 pm

Hi everybody,

With the opacity en scale keyframes you can let something appaer from 0 to 100, but it is always the whole layer at once. I would like to know whether it is possible that the layer appears from the bottom to the top. For example: if you have a layer with character, can you let the character appear with first the feet, then the legs, then body en then the head?

Here there is a link to kind of what i mean

(it's start at 3:50) (sorry very old movie but the only one i could think of that has the example)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to fill from bottom to top?
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 3:50:15 pm

Sorry, I couldn't see it -- my internet connection at work has limited bandwidth when everyone's on it. But I still think I can help.

You simply have to animate a mask. Animate the Mask path property, and you can get a piece of footage to reveal from bottom to top.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: How to fill from bottom to top?
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 4:08:14 pm

yep, an animated mask would work. another simple way would by to use the linear wipe effect.

yet another would be to use a layer as a track matte... the track matte move up to reveal the layer bellow it, or the tack matte could matte just the shape, and then the layer bellow could move up to look like it was filling it...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved