ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Using Only Caps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah StahlAfter Effects Using Only Caps
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 3:59:25 pm

I was going to make a video this morning but After Effects only types in all caps and when I clicked to use small caps, it only makes the caps look smaller haha. How can I go back to have After Effects use the lowercase letters after I'm done with the caps? No matter what I do nothing helps, and I can't find anything anywhere. This hardly happens to me since I almost know my way around anything or I can figure it out.

Thanks!
Noah

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: After Effects Using Only Caps
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:21:50 pm

first, check the character palette and make sure the icon with the 2 large t's is not enabled (or click the menu in the upper left of the character palette and make sure there is no checkmark next to 'all caps') --that option forces caps, regardless of how you type it.

second, make sure that you are not using a font that has only caps.. try setting the font to another font, like arial or one that you know has lowercase.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Noah StahlRe: After Effects Using Only Caps
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:23:06 pm

Yeah that's what I read, but when I turn that off, it still writes in all caps but they are smaller. Yeah I know the fonts are not all caps because I used them all before and it even does it for Arial

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects Using Only Caps
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:41:32 pm

Then it's time for you to play around with those character settings again.

To get typefaces back to normal upper & lower case, all those switches at the bottom of the character panel must be toggled off. If you mistakenly leave one on, confusion reigns.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Noah StahlRe: After Effects Using Only Caps
by on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:49:39 pm

Oh man thank you so much! I feel so stupid right now haha I thought that one had to always be down. Thanks for all your help. I love this forum, really fast response time for everything!!!!

Noah

Return to posts index

Jasper BowerRe: After Effects Using Only Caps
by on Apr 16, 2013 at 8:21:21 pm

Yesss!!! had same problem all the toggles need to be OFF, that solved it. Than you so mcuh :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]