ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Remove glitter from subject

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Goldsmith
Remove glitter from subject
on Aug 13, 2014 at 12:36:06 pm

We’ve just wrapped on a short film, but one of the actors – because he is a true professional – went to a party and was covered in glitter on the day of shooting. Despite spending over an hour longer in make-up than all of the other actors, there is still noticeable glitter on his face and arms in his scenes.

Currently the only option I can feasibly think of is exporting each frame into Photoshop and using the blemish removal tool to erase all the glitter, but with the amount of footage I have, that would be very time-consuming. I was wondering if any of you had any better ideas on how to do it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Remove glitter from subject
on Aug 13, 2014 at 4:06:22 pm

I've been there, there really isn't an easy way to do this.

The only thing I can think of is creating a clean overlay for each piece of glitter, then tracking in AE, then apply the track to your clean overlay. Still going to be a lot of work, and you will end up with some blending issues.

If reshoots aren't possible, I would try some creative editing first, clean-up work second.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Carl Goldsmith
Re: Remove glitter from subject
on Aug 22, 2014 at 3:05:28 pm

That sounds like a pretty sensible idea, thanks for the suggestion. I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s been in this position!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]