ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

framing of a scene size and transparency

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Kiddframing of a scene size and transparency
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 11:47:29 am

I have got my scene all setup now, the lighting is done, but is it possible to have the scene exported without the background and just a transparent shadow.

The animation is going on a website so do not want it 'framed' so you can see the borders of the scene but to appear on a full size background.

Another alternative would be to make it scaleable and scale the scene to 100% of browser but this but this would cause some distorsion?

Any work arounds would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: framing of a scene size and transparency
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 2:43:24 pm

I can think of a few ways to do this.

1. Do your shadow as a drop shadow rather than one with AE's lights.

2. Make your background white, precompose, and use the free unmult plugin on the precomp (although, now that I think about it, that would do some screwy things with the rest of the would need to make another copy of the precomp comp without any background (or shadow) and use that on top of the Unmulted one to keep everything opaque.

3. Create a shadow by copying the layer, filling it with black, rotating it, masking it, blurring it, and lowering the opacity.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved