ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Difficulty creating movie from PNG images

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob ParsonsDifficulty creating movie from PNG images
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:06:09 pm

Hi, I imported a group of very large .png images (around 20MB each) into After Effects CS5 and I'm trying to string the images together to create a short video. I've succeeded in importing the images but the movie I exported is far too large (around 8GB) and I can only export movies as .swf, .xfl, or as an Adobe Premier Pro Project. Is there a way I can export the video in a format like .avi,.mov, or .mpeg? More importantly, is there a way I can reduce the size of the video?

Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Difficulty creating movie from PNG images
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:20:50 pm

[Jacob Parsons] "Hi, I imported a group of very large .png images (around 20MB each) into After Effects CS5 and I'm trying to string the images together to create a short video."

is this supposed to be just a collection of images, or an image SEQUENCE?

[Jacob Parsons] "I've succeeded in importing the images but the movie I exported is far too large (around 8GB) and I can only export movies as .swf, .xfl, or as an Adobe Premier Pro Project."

Why don't you use Adobe Media Encoder to on the existing file to create a new file in the compression you want? Works like a charm.....

[Jacob Parsons] " More importantly, is there a way I can reduce the size of the video?"

File size or image size?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Difficulty creating movie from PNG images
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:11:41 am

> I can only export movies as .swf, .xfl, or as an Adobe Premier Pro Project. Is there a way I can export the video in a format like .avi,.mov, or .mpeg?

It seems like you're confused about how rendering and exporting work from After Effects. You don't use the File > Export menu to make movies. You use the render queue. See this page for an overview.

Actually, you should probably begin at the beginning and work your way through these getting-started materials:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]