ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

what effect or plugin is used?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Minicwhat effect or plugin is used?
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 8:22:31 pm

i am interested what plugin or effect(but i thing it's a plugin) is used in this video to make white background chage color like a colored stroboscope or somtehin like that
you can see the examples at 0:20 to 0:23; 0:25 to 0:27 and lot more in the video but you'll get the idea what i ment
i know it's shot on a white background because i saw the material befere editing
thanx inadvance

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: what effect or plugin is used?
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 8:56:20 pm

[Ivan Minic] "i am interested what plugin or effect is used in this video to make white background chage color like a colored stroboscope... i know it's shot on a white background because i saw the material befere editing"

Well, then you know a lot more than we do, and you even know who to ask about this.
I'd try just asking the production folks before you make us speculate.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ivan MinicRe: what effect or plugin is used?
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 9:34:46 pm

the guy that did this went to army so i cant get in contact with him
so if you have an idea i'll be glad to hear it

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: what effect or plugin is used?
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:07:23 am

You could create a procedural matte from the luminance of the scene and use that on an adjustment layer with a color-adjusting effect. Or you could even use the Luma Key effect to create the matte, since the background is white(-ish).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: what effect or plugin is used?
by on Jan 13, 2011 at 6:44:50 am

It's a keyframed white balance and gain. You can do it in any NLE and certainly don't need after effects for it.

The video is not separating the background from the subject. The whole image is being affected by the effect.

Set a keyframe with whitebalance (or color filter type tool like photo filter), and gain (or any brightness type tool, just ensure that lift [black point] remains fixed) forward 1-3 frames and adjust values 5-20%.

In after effects you could do this with a number of effects such as the photo filter. You would use a basic expression with wiggle as the value of the whitebalance, and a similar expression for a gain type tool. Ensure the amount that the color is being shifted is constrained to only a few percent otherwise skin tones will look really odd rather than nominally odd. On my waveform monitor, peak gain varies between 90% and 78% for one shot to give you an idea.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]