ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mute is hardly a choice

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alfred ChristantoMute is hardly a choice
by on Jan 8, 2011 at 9:52:42 am

Dear creative cow,

I'm using After Effect CS4. I'm having the same problem all the time. When I render a movie in AE, the final result always came up voiceless, no sound at all.

I already search about this problem, one solution that I try is to check the sound box below in the render options. And I did, but still nothing happen.

So I edit and render a movie in a different computer, but it turn out fine. So the question, what happen here? Why is AE in my pc cant produce sound but in other comp it can?

Is it got someting to do with any software codec etc, because FYI i install K-Lite Codec in my pc

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Mute is hardly a choice
by on Jan 8, 2011 at 8:51:41 pm

> because FYI i install K-Lite Codec in my pc

That is a bad idea.

The K-Lite codec pack interferes with the proper functioning of many applications. It displaces good codecs with broken ones.

I very strongly recommend removing K-Lite from any computer on which you intend to do serious work.

To give an idea that it's not just me saying this, note that there's a prominent warning on this download page for K-lite:
"Warning! If you install all the included codecs/decoders you might get problem with other video software on your computer."

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-BilverdyRe: Mute is hardly a choice
by on Jan 8, 2011 at 9:29:20 pm

If you really want the sound from within AE instead of using amother software to clip the original soundtrack back in. In the render que set the output to Ram Preview and render it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved