ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Making dancing letters

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wout D'HondtMaking dancing letters
by on Jan 3, 2011 at 11:47:50 am

Hey everybody

I've got this logo that I'm trying to animate.
I first imported the logo into photoshop, and made 2 different layers: the letters and the little twirrly things around them.

I've animated the position of the letters and used the wiggler, so they are 'dancing' around.
Now I would like to make the twirly things dance. But not just move in position, but seperately rotate around their center point.
Problem is I would have to select every little thing in photoshop and make a layer. Is there are more effecient way to do this in ae itself?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Making dancing letters
by on Jan 3, 2011 at 4:56:27 pm

[Wout D'Hondt] "Is there are more effecient way to do this in ae itself?"

not for something as irregular as what you are working with.

the card dance effect can break up a layer into a regular shaped grid and give you position, rotation and scale control over the individual 'cards' that it creates, but i don't think that will help you with the artwork you are working with here.

so i think you're looking at photoshop... since you have already imported the psd with 2 layers, you'll want to create a new psd with the new layers to import (after effects won't automatically add new psd layers to the already imported file, you'd need to import them separately, so creating a new file would probably be more efficient).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved