ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

newbie - advice needed on project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurence Cockaynenewbie - advice needed on project
by on Dec 29, 2010 at 11:19:37 am

Hi there, New to the forums so i apologise if this is in the wrong place.

I have a university project to do and i'll give you the general gist of what i need to do.

I have some landrover promotional footage and basically need to create something of interest with it. Including 1 element of graphics. I have decided to do a land rover nature documentary David Attenborough style.

I have a satellite image of Africa imported into after effects. and want to show the movement of landrovers during a migration. To do this i want to insert a layer of soft transparent light over a section of the image showing where landrovers are, then insert another layer tracking where they move, then another, then another. So it creates a moving image of soft transparant light moving across the continent of Africa - a migration path!

Firstly can i do this? And if so how?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: newbie - advice needed on project
by on Dec 29, 2010 at 5:00:28 pm

Duplicate the layer so you have two layers. Use the Levels effect to make one slightly lighter than the other. Then create masks and animate the mask paths if necessary to create the corridor you want.

Oh: don't forget to feather your masks. Get to know the mask modes, too. I recommend a visit to AE's Online Help to learn how to work with masks.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved