ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Export DPX settings/questions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy AndersonExport DPX settings/questions
by on Dec 17, 2010 at 11:39:27 am

Hi everybody -

So I am doing this workflow for the first time so I apologize for anything that may be overly basic. Essentially I am a FCP editor and need to generate DPX files for a feature to be color grading, but I do not have GlueTools to work from nor the $$$ to buy it.

So, I am using AE (CS4) to get what I need. I have imported a 'clean' (no matte/transitions) HD master Quicktime movie of the locked sequence into AE to export the DPX files. I can pretty much figure out the render que and getting things ready for export (I found the Cineon sequence under lossless, etc.), but when it gets into specifics for actually exporting the DPX, can someone give me the basic 4 or 5 steps/settings needed to get the right DPX files? Specifically:

I need to know what 'correct' initial project settings I should be at, what DPX settings, color management specs, correct settings, output module etc....Also, how to correctly deliver the quality I need (I read things need to be 'linear' but don't really know what this is).

My project is:

23.98 fps
will be graded on a MISTIKA

Any help would be great so I can give the post house the right and highest quality stuff they need to do their job! Thanks so much as I am sort of a foreigner to AE and strictly work in FCP usually so thanks to everybody!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved