ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Logo Crash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas ClevelandLogo Crash
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:05:27 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a tutorial that could help me figure out how to make a logo look like it crashed into dirt...dust flying..maybe some dirt covers logo...thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Logo Crash
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:41:17 pm

Let me ask you a crucial question: how much experience do you have in AE? How much time have you spent in front of your computer doing actual productive work for either an employer or a paying customer?

How would you measure this amount of time?
  • Years
  • Months
  • Weeks
  • Days
  • Hour
s
An accurate response will enable people to point you in the best direction.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Thomas ClevelandRe: Logo Crash
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:51:59 pm

I have been a full time video editor for about a year. I produce 2 TV shows and handle all aspects of the post production process. I just got After Effects to enhance my production value about 6 months ago. I am a quick learner though and I have learned a great deal in my short time with it. I was trying to get some professional advice as I am kind of new to this area of post production.
Thanks,
Jason

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Logo Crash
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:04:17 pm

Only 6 months in? Awww, you're still rather young. Welcome to the world of AE!

I highly recommend going through all of the resources provided here. Even folk like me who have been using AE for a number of years can learn stuff from them, but they're intended for people who are relatively new to AE, to give you a good, basic foundation. I suspect they'll help round you out a lot more and remove a lot of the things in AE that are frustrating.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Logo Crash
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:20:05 pm

...and here's a VERY thorough way to learn that won't break the bank:

http://www.peachpit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321734866

I've got it. I use it. A lot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Thomas ClevelandRe: Logo Crash
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:24:52 pm

Thanks I really appreciate your help...that looks like a good idea for a Christmas present to me...ha

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Logo Crash
by on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:42:21 pm

Tons of resources with this custom search for dirt.

There are tons of things you could do. The correct solution is probably a combination of all of them.
Actual footage (whether you shoot it yourself or purchase something like Action Essentials from Video Copilot or Motion Designer's Toolkit from Digital Juice) composited with particles, fractal noise/turbulent noise, etc.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]