ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Tracking a layer using multiple Data Trackings?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele PoggiTracking a layer using multiple Data Trackings?
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 11:38:45 am

Hi guys, I really need your help.
I'm working on some hard motion trackings and very often objects hide the trackers on the blue screen and/or the camera rotates/moves too much.

So my idea is been to create multiple null objects to apply a different tracker on every one, duplicating and trimming the effect layer to parent it effectively to every null.

The problem is that when I do that the layer itself not only takes the movement but also the location of the tracker, destroying the final result and forcing me to play with the anchor points of the nulls to make it smooth.. But it won't be perfect, of course.

Is there anything I can do or that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance and most important of everything else: sorry for my english, it's not my first language and with professional dictionary/grammar I have some issues.

Mike of the Desert

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Tracking a layer using multiple Data Trackings?
by on Dec 15, 2010 at 3:18:37 pm

actually, you'd just create multiple tracking points on the same piece of footage (so maybe you have 3 or 4 tracking points from the blue screen), then apply each of them to the same layer, like a null.

you just don't want all your tracking points to overlap in time, so tracker doesn't have a keyframe at the same frame as tracker 2, etc. has several tutorials that demonstrate the use of multiple tracking points applied to one layer... one of them is the tutorial dealing with set extensions.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved