ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color correction on face!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamid Rohi-BilverdyColor correction on face!
by on Dec 9, 2010 at 9:35:27 pm

Hi

I am triyng to follow AK HUD tutorial (Ironman HUD). It´s going well and I am almost done, but I am encounting a rather strange problem. I am following the tutorial completely by the book.

In the tut, I open up the raw main footage and made a adjustment layer, add curves and mask. Last I subtract so the surroundings around my mask on the face gets the color. ( The color which simulates reflections from the blue grid).

Later on the tutorial, a green gadget flies in the scene and I want to reclect the green color. In the tut, I have to open the raw main footage again and add a green solid which I mask and I set the transfer mode to classic color dodge. Here is the problem, when I switch over to my main comp again, the area where I added the grenen mask is just BLACK!!! So I have like a half black face!!! I tried all the transfer modes, but they are all turning black in my main comp??

I hope you understand.

Please advice...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Color correction on face!
by on Dec 9, 2010 at 10:24:53 pm

Sorry, but not everyone on this forum would be familiar with the tutorial you're following. Do you have a link?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-BilverdyRe: Color correction on face!
by on Dec 10, 2010 at 8:24:45 am

Ohh sorry.

Here is the link http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/futuristic_hud/

And if you scrub to about 09:30 min, this is the first time he precomp the main footage, the footage of the actor, and he opens up the precomp and makes a and adjustment layer to make the blueish kind of reflection look.

Scrub to 31:00 min. Here he makes the green reflection in the precomp again. And here I get the black areas where I added the green solid and masked it, just like the video?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Color correction on face!
by on Dec 10, 2010 at 4:17:19 pm

When I have a spare 45 minutes or so during my work day, I might be able to look at this. But it may be some time before that happens. We who work for a living have to... well, work.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Color correction on face!
by on Dec 10, 2010 at 4:43:07 pm

I'm in the same boat as Dave and don't have time to look at the tutorial. Are you changing the blending mode in the precomp or in the main comp?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Hamid Rohi-BilverdyRe: Color correction on face!
by on Dec 11, 2010 at 3:34:24 pm

lol.

I am NOT asking you to look at the 45 min clip NOR do I encourage you to do that. I simply ask you to scrub the clip to thoose two time periods and see if you could maybe see what I am doing wrong.

I also work for a living, 80 hours per week, I think we all do.

I have huge respect for you guys and the help you provide in here.

Michael, I tried both in the precomp and main. I can come around this by adding a solid in the main comp and mask it on the face with the reflection color and feather it, but I would like to find out how come I can'tdo it in the precomp as in the tutorial???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]