ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Composition Settings for MPEG DVD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenroy James
Composition Settings for MPEG DVD
on Dec 4, 2010 at 1:17:13 am

Hi Guys,

Been reading through alot of posts to try and find the answer but nothing really explains much for me... I have a 30 sec promo video to make for both "the movie theater" and for "tv"(I believe we use PAL as I am international) Both representing agencies said MEPG and AVI DVD but what does that really mean in setting the compositions settings for it?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Composition Settings for MPEG DVD
on Dec 4, 2010 at 2:36:14 am

[Glenroy James] " I have a 30 sec promo video to make for both "the movie theater" and for "tv"... Both representing agencies said MEPG and AVI DVD but what does that really mean in setting the compositions settings for it?"

it's not clear-cut, because you mention little about frame rate, which is most certainly a consideration in delivery specifications. Your commercial may have to be delivered at both 25fps for television and 24 fps for the cinema.

To facilitate diagnosis, may we have specifics of the contents of your project and the footage contained therein, specifically in regard to frame rates?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Glenroy James
on Dec 4, 2010 at 1:09:12 pm

To facilitate diagnosis, may we have specifics of the contents of your project and the footage contained therein, specifically in regard to frame rates?

Well I am not using any video footage...Photoshop images, lighting, camera movement and text effects. Photoshop files are 240px at 1900x... at a 16bit channel. Currently my compositions is PAL D1/ DV Widescreen Square Pixel 1024x576 at 25fps. I just learnt though that I should have used NTSC DV.

Whats the best way to convert it without messing up what I already did?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Dec 6, 2010 at 2:30:26 pm

Change your composition settings to the correct specs. And change any precomps and solids to match it. Since the aspect ratio is very much the same, you shouldn't have to do too much work to fix it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]