ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rotoscoping Poroblems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Toms
Rotoscoping Poroblems
on Dec 3, 2010 at 4:33:44 pm

HI, I'm relativity new to all this, but would really apreicate it if some one could help me out.
In after effects ive been trying out some "rotoscoping". The problem is, I have filmed clips I would like to rotoscope on a camera that deosnt as far as I no support a manual contrast setting (GOPRO). Ive managed to successfully do the rotoscope but due to the colour changing it doesn't match the background or the other "rotoscoped" images.

However when I try to add more than one comp onto the background in a new comp the difference in colour is very noticeable, making the sequence unusable.

Ive rendered the clip and attached a link to the video, its a really rough version as I didnt want to spend too much time on something that may not work! But you should see what I mean!

So does anyone have a solution to maybe freeze the colour? Some one surguested keyframing the exposure but this would take a hell of a long time...

Hope the makes all sense..
Thanks,
Adam

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rotoscoping Problems
on Dec 3, 2010 at 6:49:13 pm

[Adam Toms] "So does anyone have a solution to maybe freeze the colour? Some one surguested keyframing the exposure but this would take a hell of a long time..."

Indeed, it might; auto-iris cameras are a right royal pain. However, you can try the Color Stabilizer and Auto Levels effects. They may be able to help you. Before you try to use them, I strongly suggest you look up their operation in AE's online Help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Rotoscoping Poroblems
on Dec 3, 2010 at 9:53:09 pm

Do you mean the pants being dark in the beginning? You can apply shadow/highlight and leave it on auto. That will auto adjust the whole thing. Then add another copy of that effect below it but put it on manual to raise your shadows where you want them. Finally, color correct. use Curves, then drag the middle part of the line for each red, green, blue channel, until it matches the background.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 4, 2010 at 2:47:38 am

My computer at work is unable to see Flash 10, unfortunately. Now that I'm home, and have had a chance to see your work, I think you may benefit from watching this:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/larsen_carl/analyzing_motion.php

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adam Toms
on Dec 8, 2010 at 2:03:52 am

thanks for all the help really appreciate it. sorry for not getting back to you the notifications were in my junk box.
It looks like either method could solve the problem so ill get to it!
thanks again,
Adam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]