ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Quality Problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob TruaxQuality Problems
by on Nov 30, 2010 at 8:03:14 pm

When I render out my project the quality is low. If I do a RAM preview, the quality is low. But when I do a spacebar preview (or whatever you want to call it) the quality is fine. I have checked and double checked my settings and everywhere it says that it is at full resolution. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, if I open a different project it renders that project out fine... All I am doing is two solids with a fractal noise on one, and set the other to Luma Matte.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Quality Problems
by on Nov 30, 2010 at 10:02:55 pm

That's not much to go on to make a good diagnosis. Based on what you told us about:
  • Your computer: processors, cores, drives & available RAM
  • Your operating system & version
  • Your AE version
  • The footage you're using in AE

My best conclusion based on the facts at hand is this: AE doesn't like you any more. What did you do to make it angry?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rob TruaxRe: Quality Problems
by on Nov 30, 2010 at 10:41:24 pm

Haha, oh goodness, I suppose I could be more specific.

Ver: AE CS3 Professional

AE is using 2gb of Ram, I have recently updated the drivers.

I am not using any footage so far. I just created 1 solid in AE, duplicated it and applied fractal noise to one version, and set the other version to "Luma Matte"

I think AE knows I am under deadlines and am trying to work ahead. That may be the cause of all my problems.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 1, 2010 at 3:54:13 pm

Thanks for the info.

Can you describe what you mean by, "the quality is low"? Low resolution? Colors not right? Not playing back in real time? If it's the latter, your comp may be HD, and you'll have to reduce the comp display to 50% and the resolution in that display to Half.

I can recommend a few things right now:
  • GET MORE RAM! 2GB isn't anything when you're working in AE. Win XP 32-bit machines can accommodate 4GB, and you need every bit of it.
  • Forget about using multiprocessing; you don't have enough memory for it, so just turn it off for both rendering and previewing.
  • While you're turning off multiprocessing, turn off Open GL for rendering. The folks at Adobe don't use it, which should be a BIG clue for you.
  • Get the update to AE 9.0.3.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Rob TruaxRe: Quality Problems
by on Dec 1, 2010 at 10:52:34 pm

I guess that the best way to describe it would be it RAM previews as if it is in half resolution, and when I export the composition, regardless of format (and I have tried a myriad of formats) it renders in super low quality. Again as if the resolution is half.

I would love to add more RAM, but unfortunately I am unable to at this time. I can try to allocate more RAM if possible.

Thanks for all your help,

Rob

Return to posts index

by on Dec 3, 2010 at 2:45:25 am

About the only thing I can think of is that you have your comp window set to 50% resolution, and you have your default Render Settings set to mimic the how the comp is set.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]