ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can i export a file to a format that my Magix movie edit pro will recognise?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg BrewerHow can i export a file to a format that my Magix movie edit pro will recognise?
by on Nov 29, 2010 at 5:52:45 pm

I purchased an Adobe after effects motion graphics from Video hive.
I then edited it on after effects software and renderded. I then made several attempts to copy, transfer, export to another computer software called Magix movie edit pro. The file can not be read. Magix has a number of codexs and format adjustments but will not even open the file because it does not show up,...no matter how i transfer. Can someone educate me a little in this matter,...Thanks again. Greg

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: How can i export a file to a format that my Magix movie edit pro will recognise?
by on Nov 29, 2010 at 6:15:23 pm

[Greg Brewer] "Magix has a number of codexs and format"

what are the magix supported file formats, or containers (like .dv, .avi, .mov, .mpg, etc.) and codecs (dv, mpeg-2, h.264, etc.)?

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: How can i export a file to a format that my Magix movie edit pro will recognise?
by on Nov 29, 2010 at 6:28:16 pm

after a quick search of the web, a good bet is that it will work with .mp4 with the h.264 codec.

what you can try is to render from ae (composition>add to render queue), leave the settings at 'best'. if you have audio in the comp, click the 'lossless' output module and enable audio. then set you file path and render.

this will produce a lossless .mov which you can take to a compression utility to compress to a .mp4 with h.264 compression. you might try mpeg streamclip, it's free and multi-platform, just import the .mov and choose file>export to mp4. for the setting, choose multi-pass and b-frames, set audio as needed and then compress.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]