ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Cant find any decent bullet impact sound effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nic HawkinsCant find any decent bullet impact sound effects
by on Nov 21, 2010 at 8:15:53 pm

Sorry i didnt really know where to post this, but since i use after effects i thought here would be okay.

Ive looked around for quite a while now and i cant find any bullet impact sounds hitting brick or stone. Anything similar would do.

Got any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeYou got me!
by on Nov 22, 2010 at 3:41:59 am

If you don't find anything decent after a search of the Sound Ideas sound effects library, you should know that you can substitute one sound for another.... and in some cases, it can be a pretty wild substitution.

Case in point: several years ago, NPR produced a radio version of Star Wars. The guy in charge of the production was Ben Burtt, the guy who did sound effects for the first Star Wars movie, Episode 4.

Remember the scene when they're briefing the rebels before they attack the Death Star? They changed the computer's views on the battle station a few times in the movie.

But how do you do the same thing in the radio show? Ben Burtt chose to use the sound of a Kodak Carousel slide projector changing slides. Pretty slick.

So the point is this: the are all kinds of impacts you can select from if you can't find the precise one you need... or you can go record some yourself! You got a camera with a microphone on it, don't you?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved