ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects CS5 Render Glitch

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon byrnesAfter Effects CS5 Render Glitch
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 9:50:33 am

I have recently started using after effects CS5. Every time i render frame glitches appear in the form of white noise static on singular frames and also random timeline frames that are no where near that particular section. see footage example below, its a short vid but you get the idea.

the glitches seem to be more constant at the begining of the render as you can see in vid then they seem to happen for a couple of frames for approximately every 10 - 20 seconds.

I have tried updating CS5, playing around with memory and multiprocessing, purging cache before render, allocating more cache.

Simon Byrnes

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects CS5 Render Glitch
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 4:53:36 pm

Here's one simple thing to eliminate: if you use Open GL to accelerate rendering, turn it off. Even the folks at Adobe don't use it. Then try the render again.

No luck? What's the media container (AVI, QT, etc.) and the codec of the video in the project? I ask because AE 10 is reputed to handle long-gop codecs, but not yet definitively proven to be able to do so. The fix would be to convert the video to a high-quality codec using something other than AE.

And if that works, you may have sufficient reason for filing a bug report:

The report gets involved, because the diagnostic process has to eliminate all sorts of hardware/software combinations to get to the point where they can conclude, "Aha! We have a bug!"

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved