ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to get this effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lachlan BirdHow to get this effect
by on Nov 15, 2010 at 5:45:19 am

Hi I was just want to know how to do this colouring effect in after effects. It is seen in the video below - when the colours pop up on screen throughout the video. I would appreciate it if someone could explain how to get this effect and also at 30 seconds in, is it just some film grain with that colouring effect? I would love to know how to do get this effect for my videos. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How to get this effect
by on Nov 23, 2010 at 2:55:45 am

That's actual footage of film damage (not grain) overlaid. Could also be achieved with a particle effect. Search for stock footage of film clutter or film damage.

As for the coloring, you may find it in your search for film damage. That effect is often called light leaks, it is like what happens when light leaks into a film canister and accidentally overexposes frames of footage. There are tons of tutorials for light leaks out there. Here's one I found.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Lachlan BirdRe: How to get this effect
by on Nov 24, 2010 at 9:50:49 am

I managed to find out about the colouring or "film burn" from a response of a video. But thanks for your reply, I looked up film clutter and managed to find more interesting effects to overlay on footage!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved