ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects error: AE_OpenGL: Failed...(5065::0)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre AnthonioAfter Effects error: AE_OpenGL: Failed...(5065::0)
by on Nov 6, 2010 at 6:02:52 am

WTF!!!

Anyone know what this error code means and how to fix work around it? Just came out of now where right when I'm gaining momentum. Surprise around every corner.

Any and all input is more than appreciated.

Andre

Andre Antonio
PHATeFX Panama

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects error: AE_OpenGL: Failed...(5065::0)
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 3:02:15 pm

You should never use Open GL to make rendering faster. Open GL doesn't work well in AE. This is just one of those things you'll have to get used to. It's all right to use it for previewing, but not rendering.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects error: AE_OpenGL: Failed...(5065::0)
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 3:33:37 pm

If you want a more in-depth answer than what Dave gave (heh, "Dave gave"), then please offer more information such as, what version of AE, what operating system, what you were doing when the error message popped up, what is in your comp, etc.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Andre AnthonioRe: After Effects error: AE_OpenGL: Failed...(5065::0)
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 3:54:50 pm

Thanks guys! I appreciate the responses and the Forum!! In this case, this issue stopped me dead in my tracks after several long hours into the project and I wasn't do anything differenty when it happened from the previous hours. In my desperation, I came across a document at Adobe that outlined 14 steps to troubleshoot the OpenGL issue. I went through each one and it was the very last one (#14) that cleared the problem, which involved having to "Rename the Adobe AE 8.0 Prefs. txt" in the "C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\8.0 folder" to "re-create the AE preferences." Deep understanding of this issue is beyond my grasp, but I think it has something to do with Graphics Card memory but I'm not sure. Here's the link that was helpful to me in this case: http.kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402244.html

Andre Antonio
PHATeFX Panama

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects error: AE_OpenGL: Failed...(5065::0)
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 4:26:17 pm

I wouldn't get too obsessive over technical articles in this instance. There are times when they're life-savers, but this isn't one of them.

It's fairly well-known that AE implements only a subset of Open GL. This results in renders that can go bad even in comps of moderate complexity. The folks at Adobe don't use Open GL to accelerate rendering, which should be a BIG clue to what you should do.

In the case of using Open GL for rendering, the things to do are very simple -- turn it off and leave it off.

For faster renders, putting more memory in your machine has a far, far greater influence than Open GL.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]