ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera Trouble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt RobinsonCamera Trouble
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 1:47:38 am

I find that when using a camera it has a tendancy to move back and fourth by itself just before positioning on the final keyframe? I guess this would be solved pretty simply but yet to solve it? Any ideas? Help would be awesome......thanks.

Return to posts index

Jody LintonRe: Camera Trouble
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 4:05:42 am

Hi, I found I had the same problem a few times and with trial and error fixed it by adjusting the Spatial Interpolation... Right click on the keyframe > Keyframe interpolation > Spatial Interpolation: try changing it to "bezier" or "linear" (this affects your animation path in the view window not the timeline). Then in a new view window go to the left view to see what your animation path is now doing for the camera. Sometimes I find that Autobezier for spatial interpolation can cause problems like overlapping etc.. so have set all my spatial interpolation to linear in preferences then just use the pen tool (vertex tool) to adjust the camera animation paths in the view window. Another quick fix I've used as well is to duplicate the troublesome keyframe and pasting it in the next frame in the timeline (so 2x keyframes side-by-side). Probably not the right way to do it by might be of use.

Return to posts index

Matt RobinsonRe: Camera Trouble
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 11:06:44 am

Thanks very much............ problem solved.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Camera Trouble
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 2:12:48 pm

The issue is discussed in AE help here and in tutorials here on the COW in these tutorials part one and part two

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved