ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d logo in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike kane
3d logo in AE
on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:36:34 pm

I made a 3d logo in cinema 4d , imported it into AE with a transparent background. It looks good! Now I want to use my logo in video's at the bottom, how do I save the logo in AE as transparent? Also how can I make this keep looping?

Thank you

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: 3d logo in AE
on Nov 3, 2010 at 3:25:01 pm

What do you mean by "Now I want to use my logo in video's at the bottom, how do I save the logo in AE as transparent?"

Are you saying you want to use the video file in an editing program (such as Premiere) to create a bug (little graphic in the corner of the screen)? Render a file out of AE that supports transparency. You can do a Targa image sequence or Quicktime with Animation or PNG codec. Make sure your channels in your output module are set to RGB + Alpha.

As for looping, you can probably set it to loop in your NLE. In AE, you go to your interpret footage settings for your video and set how many times you want it to loop at the bottom under "Other Options"

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 4, 2010 at 1:32:08 pm

Scale and position

Render with a codec that has an alpha (Animation, ProRes 4444, etc)

If it LOOPED in your 3D app and you just have a looping clip... then go under the interpret footage item and specify number of loops

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

mike kane
on Nov 4, 2010 at 1:38:41 pm

well i have it in my NLE and it looks great. but I had to add it 100times to make it loop. Not really what I had in mind. Im using Premiere Pro , I have it exported from after effects as an swf, and it looks good just doesnt loop. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 5, 2010 at 2:49:25 am

SWF is about the oddest format I've heard of someone using as an intermediate file. Don't do that. Do one of the ones Richard or I suggested.

I'm an AE guy that happens to work with Premiere, so I'm not real up on all things Premiere, but you may find an option for looping footage. Why not open your Premiere help page and search for "loop"?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Nov 5, 2010 at 3:50:32 am

LikeI said.... Look at Interpret Footage command in AE... loop is in there

And like said below... SWF is NOT an authoring format

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]