ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rendering Out For Import into FCP, Best Codec with Alpha, No Rendering in FCP?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaun KnappRendering Out For Import into FCP, Best Codec with Alpha, No Rendering in FCP?
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:12:40 am

I keep getting these issues after a long day and my mind is almost shot. I almost feel I should not ask this because it is as if though I know the answer, but just can't think of it now, or that it was answered previously.

I have a little text of a URL that I want to superimpose upon all of the footage I have in Final Cut Pro for a project. I have the URL with slight animation taking place on it, it "loops" in the animation with identical keyframes at frame one as well as the end frame. So, I render that out and import it into FCP, needing an alpha channel, but, I have a big problem. Dumping that on top of all my footage brings up the render issue. I used the "Animation" codec from Apple, which looks great after I render out in FCP. I also tried to render the RGB using the ProRes codec, which is ideal if it would work, as it would require no rendering in FCP, but alas, no alpha included in that option.

Any time savers for me in terms of saving intense render time in FCP? Perhaps I could have a "rendered" out piece and then make it a "clip"? Hmmm, I'll have to see if that would work.

Shaun K.

"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to rack and ruin without fail. It is a very grave mistake to think that the engagement of seeing and searching can be promoted by means of coercion and a sense of duty." --- Albert Einstien

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Rendering Out For Import into FCP, Best Codec with Alpha, No Rendering in FCP?
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 2:50:12 pm

If the Animation or PNG codecs don't cut it for you, your single remaining hope is to render in ProRes 4444, and you can ONLY do that in AE if you also have Final Cut Suite 3 (FCP 7) installed.

If you don't have that setup, you're stuck with Animation or PNG, then rendering in FCP. Be sure to send a thank you note to Apple for all their help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shaun KnappRe: Rendering Out For Import into FCP, Best Codec with Alpha, No Rendering in FCP?
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 2:53:01 pm

Ahahaha. Thanks Dave, I should send Apple a thank you note.

Looks like I'm stuck rendering then. Boy, that will take a bunch of time. How unfortunate.

Shaun K.

"It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to rack and ruin without fail. It is a very grave mistake to think that the engagement of seeing and searching can be promoted by means of coercion and a sense of duty." --- Albert Einstien

Return to posts index

Richard HarringtonRe: Rendering Out For Import into FCP, Best Codec with Alpha, No Rendering in FCP?
by on Oct 23, 2010 at 2:36:30 pm

ProRes 4444

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Shaun KnappRe: Rendering Out For Import into FCP, Best Codec with Alpha, No Rendering in FCP?
by on Oct 23, 2010 at 3:47:03 pm

And I don't even think I have that codec on my system. I have ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 (HQ). Hmmm, can I download it anywhere and install it on my system, or does it only come with FCP 7 or something?

Shaun K.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Rendering Out For Import into FCP, Best Codec with Alpha, No Rendering in FCP?
by on Oct 25, 2010 at 12:22:08 am

It only comes with FCP 7. Thanks a boatload, Apple.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Oct 25, 2010 at 3:46:59 am

I suppose it's not then easy to get it into FCP 6 then, huh?

Yeah, thanks Apple. ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]