ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

keyframes in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sumeet khurana
keyframes in After Effects
on Oct 20, 2010 at 8:15:53 pm

Hi, I have been using After Effects for past two months. Recently I am in the middle of making my 3 min short movie in AE using Photoshop psd. images.

I have a problem in keyfaming one of my image. I keyframed the position values of my image at 362.4,365.0,0.0 on frame 5 and then again on frame 7 I put the same values for the image to key it. But my problem is that in between frame 5 and frame 7 the position values of my image keeps on changing.
This is what I dont desire to achieve, I want that the position value of my image should ramain 362.4, 365.0, 0.0 between frame 5 to 7.

If somebody could help me with this problem , I would be very thankful.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: keyframes in After Effects
on Oct 20, 2010 at 10:33:53 pm

You should watch Aharon Rabinowitz' two podcasts about the Boomerang Effect in AE. Here's the first:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/rabinowitz_aharon/boomerang_1.php

Lots of good information in those tutorials, y'know....

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 21, 2010 at 12:58:35 am

There are links to both of Aharon's tutorials on this matter and some additional materials on this page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

sumeet khurana
on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:54:12 pm

Thanks a lot Dave LaRonde and Tod Kopriva for the kind help. As link provided bu you, I right clicked on the key on frame 5 and hit " toggle hold keyframe", and got the desired result. Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]