ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Drop Shadow Problem in After Effects/Cannot Remove

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Warg
Drop Shadow Problem in After Effects/Cannot Remove
on Oct 17, 2010 at 11:43:13 pm

Hello,
I'm currently working on a motion graphics project involving moving text and some vector art. I've noticed that on some of my fonts I'm getting what appears to be an unwanted drop shadow that I cannot get rid of.

This is effecting different layers containing the same font. Going to Layer Styles>Remove All does not change it. These are not 3d layers/I'm not using any lights.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? I feel that I Am overlooking something very obvious but I cannot seem to find any solutions other than Layer Styles.

Thanks!
-M

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: Drop Shadow Problem in After Effects/Cannot Remove
on Oct 18, 2010 at 12:09:00 pm

Hi, Matt. Maybe post a screenshot?

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysfx

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 18, 2010 at 4:14:56 pm

do you have any other effects on the layers? if so, try toggling the 'fx' switch for the affected layers and see if the drop shadow goes away.

if it does, then you have an effect that is adding the drop shadow. if you can let us know what the other effects are, we may be able to help you with a workaround or setting tweak...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Matt Warg
on Oct 18, 2010 at 4:20:50 pm

Hey,
I actually just figured out the problem- It was from a glow effect; although settings were turned down enough there was no glow, on some colors it did produce what looked like a drop shadow due to the glow radius.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]