ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Audio skipping half way through movie after rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas BergAudio skipping half way through movie after rendering
by on Oct 16, 2010 at 4:08:02 pm

After rendering my project, I notice that the audio track starts skipping in a manner that I can't really explain. It's a straight forward elecronica track (from MobyGratis, in AIFF), with a steady beat. However, half way through the movie, the beat is suddenly not in sync with itself, in lack of a better description. All the sounds are there, but they're not in the order they should be. It sounds all mashed together. The AIFF file is flawless when playing it elsewhere. I'm guessing this has to do with the render process in AE somehow.

I have tried exporting to different formats, different quality etc, but the same behaviour occurs in any event (thus far).

I read a few other threads about this, but the solution was mainly to use AIFF format instead of MP3, so I can't really follow that solution either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Thomas BergRe: Audio skipping half way through movie after rendering
by on Oct 16, 2010 at 8:31:54 pm

Importing the composition into Adobe Media Encoder produces a correct render. This must be related to After Effects somehow. Either way, issue partially resolved. Hopefully someone will pick up on this.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Audio skipping half way through movie after rendering
by on Oct 16, 2010 at 9:29:04 pm

Install the After Effects CS5 (10.0.1) update. That update fixes this problem.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Brett O'MahonyRe: Audio skipping half way through movie after rendering
by on Mar 29, 2012 at 11:16:22 am

Hi there,

I have encountered a similar problem. I am very new to AE, just started it before christmas and I am doing my 3rd project in it, teaching myself by tutorials as I go. With my latest project I am creating a kinetic type piece which is timed to music. The piece has been approved and is running perfectly in time in AE ram preview. All is perfect. However when I render it (Bear in mind I render it at high resolution in QT with audio output and the audio file I have used is .aif as I read this is the best audio format for outputting) three quarters the way through the video piece the music starts to skip and go out of beat with itself, quite oddly like the original post. Therefore all the timed animation pieces are therefore out of sync and the piece loses all of its sense of beat/timing. I have gone through many forums but to no luck, I even tried outputting it into adobe media encoder (but that has opened up another layer of problems as it leaves out my blur adjustment layers) any help would be greatly appreciated, I am a student currently doing an internship and this is for a real job so it would be great if I could rectify this issue soon.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Yenroy ScarfulleryRe: Audio skipping half way through movie after rendering
by on Mar 31, 2012 at 2:52:56 am

I'm having the same problem here...
My thoughs are that AE can't handle too many audiotracks at the same time... or maybe it's my computer that can't.

So what i did was simply render the audio by itself and then import it to AE, turn off all the audios i was using before and use the audio i exported before.

That worked for me, hope it does for you guys too.

Also after trying like 12349128391283 times rendering it worked... i really don't understand what is wrong.. but oh well

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved