ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adding alphas in animation presets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin MalmqvistAdding alphas in animation presets
by on Oct 15, 2010 at 5:51:06 pm

Hi,
I tried to search the forums for this but could not find an answer.

I want to learn how the animation preset "Linear Wipe" works since it has an alpha channel built in to it. How can I create this for my own animation presets?

I did read something about "Compound effects and control layers" in the AE documentation but I'm not sure it has to do with what I'm looking for...

Any gurus or bright dudes out there who can enlighten me?

Cheers!
Martin

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Adding alphas in animation presets
by on Oct 15, 2010 at 6:33:52 pm

[Martin Malmqvist] "I want to learn how the animation preset "Linear Wipe" works since it has an alpha channel built in to it. How can I create this for my own animation presets?"

the preset for linear wipe is just the linear wipe effect with 2 preset keyframes in the transition property. it's the effect itself that creates the transparency, not anything in the preset.

if you wanted to create your own preset with the linear wipe effect, add the effect to a layer, set the angle and feather properties as desired, then add keyframes for the transition property to create the wipe.

in the timeline select the properties that have been modified for the linear wipe effect (shortcut: type 'uu', that's 2 u's quickly, to reveal modified properties) and choose animation>save animation preset. give it a name and file path, and then you can apply those exact settings on any layer in any project from the effects & presets menu.

is that what you are asking?

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]