ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Player Profile

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan SajdakPlayer Profile
by on Oct 11, 2010 at 2:39:06 pm

I am looking for a template or a tutorial on a player profile that I can use for a Basketball video I am creating. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Player Profile
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 2:29:11 pm

What do you want in this "player profile"? There are tons of different things you can do. You might just want to look at using text layers and using some of the text animation presets (check them out).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dan SajdakRe: Player Profile
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 2:44:57 pm

II am looking to acheive something like this:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Player Profile
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 4:16:23 pm

The toughest thing about those two examples is pulling a good-looking chroma key. No foolin': an HDV camera won't cut the mustard here. Use one at your peril.

The rest of the background can be accomplished in Illustrator or Photoshop, using a different layer for each graphic element you want to animate. Personally, I'd go with Illustrator -- more flexibility in terms of scaling. In fact, there may be graphic elements you can adapt in the downloadable templates on the Adobe Web Site.

Once you have one done, you've got your own template, so to speak; you simply duplicate a comp, and substitute video and text.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved