ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Unusual (and unwanted)Rendering result

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Torres
Unusual (and unwanted)Rendering result
on Oct 11, 2010 at 12:42:36 am

Hi, I was working through one of Andrew Kramer's tuts just for fun and I went to render. The video has some text that is revealed by some smoke. While watching the result, I saw that the text was flickering really unusually, it wasn't like that in the preview and I didn't put it in there. I disabled every effect and isolated just the text layer with nothing applied to it. I still got the same result. I uploaded two pics of how it should be, and what it is doing weird. Normal: ex1.png
Weird: ex2.png
What's even weirder is that when I paused the rendering on the weird part (it flickers back and forth) to take a screen shot is that when I zoom in or out on the preview or switch windows, it goes back to normal. My output settings are lossless .avi with best render settings. My comp settings are 640x480 px with square aspect ratio, 29.97 fps and full res. Any insight?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Unusual (and unwanted)Rendering result
on Oct 11, 2010 at 2:57:44 pm

If you're using Open GL to accelerate rendering, turn it off. Leave it off. It rarely helps and often hurts.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tim Torres
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:12:27 pm

My hardware doesn't support Open GL. I do have "Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously" enabled. I'm not sure if that matters. This is the first time I've had this happen, and when I tried replacing the text with an image (of the text), it does the same thing.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:30:50 pm

That's the only suggestion I can make right now short of staring into a crystal ball.

You'll need to supply details about your machine, RAM, OS, AE version and such.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tim Torres
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:47:02 pm

Above when I said replacing the text with images didn't work, it did. I forgot to disable the text layer underneath the image. It's up to you whether you want to continue trying to find out the previous problem. I have a Compaq Presario laptop. 250 gb hdd, 3 gb ram. Pentium Dual core T4200 @ 2.000ghz. Win7, AE cs4 v.9.0.0.346

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 11, 2010 at 5:07:20 pm

> 9.0.0.346

There have been three updates since 9.0.0, with hundreds of bug fixes. After you've installed the After Effects CS4 (9.0.3) update, let me know if you still have the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tim Torres
on Oct 13, 2010 at 9:50:14 pm

Thanks Todd. This update fixed the problem. For some reason, I noticed my desktop regularly runs the Adobe Updater, but my laptop never has. That's probably why I didn't get the update.

Return to posts index

Tim Torres
on Oct 13, 2010 at 9:50:25 pm

Thanks Todd. This update fixed the problem. For some reason, I noticed my desktop regularly runs the Adobe Updater, but my laptop never has. That's probably why I didn't get the update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]