ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After-image/distorted vision effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua LeongAfter-image/distorted vision effects
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 1:20:42 pm

Hi all,

I've been lurking around Creative Cow for a while now learning new things, but this my first time posting.

Anyway, I'm rather stumped on how to create the kind of effect you might see in a horror movie where the camera, in first person perspective, is focusing on a particular object (e.g. a person) and for a split second, experiences a distortion of vision where semi-transparent after images or ghosts diverge from the object and then disappear or reconverge(often accompanied by a brief but disturbing noise a bit like radio static).Would anyone have any insight into how to create such an effect?

It's probably quite simple, but I'm not entirely sure what to term it, which would explain why I've had so much trouble finding tutorials on this effect.

Sorry if my explanation is a bit hard to understand - I'll try and find an example on Youtube and post it up if I can.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After-image/distorted vision effects
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 2:27:49 pm

You would create the distorted images with various distortion and color correction effects, keyframed.
Without any good example of the specific effect you're looking for, that's my best guess.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved