ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects rookie...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vinnie UrgoAfter Effects rookie...
by on Oct 8, 2010 at 8:09:52 pm

Hi I am beginning a project where I could use a template for after effects, assuming I can use in both premiere and FCP. I am not only interested in a logo/intro template but something to use during the video. Something like this.

I can purchase this if necessary. I don;t know AE and don;t have time to learn so any quick roads to this outcome would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vinnie Urgo
Photo and Video Professional
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects rookie...
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 2:12:52 am

It's not difficult, but it does require knowing AE a bit. Basically, it's a large solid placed in the background, that catch shadows(though it doesn't look like there are lights acutally catching shadows, just the shadow effect turned on)

Middle ground is a bunch of solids w/shadow effect. Could be done either animating a single solid with a bunch of masks or making a bunch of different solids and just animating their positions.

Foreground is the video/logo/interviews. Easy way to do this is place there positions. Parent them to a null move the null around to where you need to them to move from one shot to another.

Probably the easiest way to set this up is...create a large background solid, turn on the 3d and set the position to 200. Create middle layers to 3d and put the position to 100. Foreground at 0.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Vinnie UrgoRe: After Effects rookie...
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 4:19:05 am

Thanks for the help! So was this done with a combination of AE and FCP? Or all in AE?

Thanks again!

Vinnie Urgo
Photo and Video Professional
vincenturgo@gmail.com

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects rookie...
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 2:03:35 pm

I've never worked with FCP, I work with Avid. Looking at that, I could do it in an Avid, but it would be 20x times harder. I'm not sure about FCP, but an open like that I would cut my video/my soundsbites in the Avid and export that and the BRoll to AE.

Then I would do all of my moves and build the entire thing there. A look like that is what AE is all about.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]