ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

precomposing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Mooreprecomposing
by on Oct 7, 2010 at 10:16:55 pm

Is there a way to replace one composition for another? explantion: I wrote some text precomposed it and then added my effects. Now I want to use the same effects on all my text without having to redo all the effects. So i would like to duplicate the text and effect composition and point the text precomposition in it to a new text composition. Hopefully that makes sense.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: precomposing
by on Oct 7, 2010 at 11:23:10 pm

It sounds like you want to make an animation preset.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jeremy MooreRe: precomposing
by on Oct 8, 2010 at 6:46:45 pm

I don't think will really work because I'm using expressions and running some script in it. Is there not a way to create different composition with different text and then just use the to replace a duplicate composition of the effects i used on the previous text composition?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: precomposing
by on Oct 8, 2010 at 7:07:54 pm

You seem to know the answer.

Duplicating a composition and then swapping out a layer within it can work.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Jeremy MooreRe: precomposing
by on Oct 8, 2010 at 7:11:13 pm

I guess I didn't really explain it that well because I can't just replace the it manually because that comp is duplicated 20 times with a different effect on each layer and then set in a cascading style. But what I did do as a work around is just import it into a whole new project changed the text the base level, renamed the main compositions and then reimported that project into my previous one. So Im getting it to work that way. Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]