ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio issue in ram preview and audio ram preview too CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nic beery
Audio issue in ram preview and audio ram preview too CS5
on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:35:36 pm

I'm on a new 8 core mac pro desktop. I have CS 5, after effects v.10.0.0.0.458
i am building several 1 minute to 5 minute sequences with a soundtrack of narration and music. my audio is an aiff file. when I hit the . on the numberpad of my keyboard, it sometimes plays the correct sound from the point of where the playhead bar is, sometimes it plays from the start of the audio file, but the playbar moves on screen from wherever it is at the moment. It does this a lot, then it works correctly. The is exactly the same problem when I do a visual and audio ram preview by hitting the 0 on the number pad of my keyboard.

I purge it and it might work, then back to playing from the beginning of the audio file.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio issue in ram preview and audio ram preview too CS5
on Oct 6, 2010 at 3:16:33 pm

I bet you need the update to AE 10; I think it's AE 10.0.1 or something like that, and it's free. It fixes the issues AE 10 has with aiff files.

Issues with something as simple as an aiff file... go figure.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

nic beery
on Oct 6, 2010 at 4:09:49 pm

Thanks Dave, I am downloading updates now. I thought I had, but I only updated the apple products. That was 900 megs, but this adobe update is looking pretty big too for the CS5 production suite.
Cheers,
Nic

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 6, 2010 at 9:29:01 pm

Dave's right. There's a major bug fix for AIFF audio in the After Effects CS5 (10.0.1) update. That update fixes a lot of problems.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]