ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Nomenclature

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack foxNomenclature
by on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:03:19 pm

Is there as a glossary of terms, and possibly a workflow mindmap available somewhere? I'm trying to get my bearings and having trouble with the obvious like: "Composition." I have created a selection with roto brush and cannot figure out how I can apply effects to just the subject area. Please advise.

jmf

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Nomenclature
by on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:59:00 pm

This page was created for the purpose of giving an overview and an introduction to the basic terms:
"General workflow in After Effects"
The page introduces the basic terms and then links to pages that give incresingly deep detail.

I created this page to walk someone step by step through learning After Effects:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

Regarding your Roto Brush question:
Watch this video tutorial and then work your way through the other resources linked to from here.

Roto Brush is not a beginner's tool. It is an advanced and involved feature. I very strongly recommend against beginning your experience with After Effects with it. It was created to help people who already know how to do basic compositing work in After Effects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]