ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

My movie file isn't complete

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince CannonMy movie file isn't complete
by on Sep 28, 2010 at 2:25:57 am

I'm new to creating After Effects projects and I've run into a hurdle that I don't know how to get over.

I'm trying to create an ad that lasts about 2 minutes. I can get all of the information displaying, but when I try to render it, the whole video isn't displayed. It gets cut off at around 25 seconds.

I've seen samples of other work and they seem to work fine so I know it's something I'm doing. I just wish I knew what it was :O/

When exporting the video to .swf or any other format, the video wants to be fussy and stop at the 25 second mark

Any suggestions on how to make the composition complete and ready for me to upload to the server would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: My movie file isn't complete
by on Sep 28, 2010 at 1:23:17 pm

Check the timeline and see if you only have a segment of the work area selected. You can change this by pushing the "end" button and then "n". That would cause it if you are exporting to .swf.
If you are rendering, in the render settings there is an option under "Time Span" to override the work area and change it to length of comp.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: My movie file isn't complete
by on Sep 29, 2010 at 7:11:27 pm

The things John mentioned are definitley the places to start ... if none of those are the issue, you'll want to look at precisely what is happening in your comp at the 25 second mark to figure out what is causing the render to fail.

For example, if that's the frame where a particular layer or effect first comes into play, something about the layer of effect is likely causing the render fail so you'll want to do things like double check effect settings and stacking orders to confirm there isn't some effect parameter set in a way that over-taxes your machine's capabilities (i.e, a zillion particles with high blur) or some similar issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved