ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

green screen matchmove once the camera moves

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Pajgrtgreen screen matchmove once the camera moves
by on Sep 23, 2010 at 11:35:22 am

I am quite new to after effects so I apologize if my problem is solved already somewhere (however I am not able to find it) I am facing the following: I am a using a green screen which actually forms only part of the background of my footage and also the camera moves. I am able to key the footage using keylight, but I am no able to have the picture or video that I replace the green screen with move with the camera neither am I able to get the replaced background get into perspective. I believe there is some tracking involved, but I have no clue. This is the footage I was refering to:

(it is part of a student film we are putting together)

I am would be extremely grateful for any tips, ideas or tutorials on how to solve this. many thanks

Adam (Czech Republic)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: green screen matchmove once the camera moves
by on Sep 23, 2010 at 3:24:28 pm

To do that kind of tracking, you'll probably need 3D Matchmove software like Syntheyes, which can create position data for an AE 3D camera.

If you have Mocha for AE -- it comes bundled with AE 9 & 10 -- you can try it as well, but I don't know if it will work well. It would be a good first place to start if you have it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved