ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Visibility of layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry JunodVisibility of layers
by on Sep 21, 2010 at 6:12:37 pm

Hello, I am new to AE and need help ASAP with a project I've put off for awhile. I have tried searching for a solution to my problem, but can't find one, due to lack of terminology most likely.

Here is a picture of my timeline:

What I am editing is a "music video" I recorded over a friends house. I recorded footage from multiple angles (the whole song) and have synced the beginnings of each of the videos (synced using audio in background of videos)

Now as you can see in my timeline, I have Microphone 1 at the top, Microphone 2 under, etc. What I need to know is, can I have it display Microphone 1 for 30 seconds let say, and then have it display Microphone 2, BUT I also want to display Microphone 1 again.

Is there a way for my, to have Mic 1 showing for 30 sec., then have it switch to Mic 2, then switch back to Mic 1, without having to add more layers and the same videos over in those layers?

I hope someone understands what I am asking. I am thinking it would have something to do with keyframes, but I am still a noob and don't understand it quite well. If someone could link me to a solution or can explain what I would need to do, that would be great. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Visibility of layers
by on Sep 21, 2010 at 6:37:46 pm

Sorry, but you picked the wrong application for editing. AE is NOT an editing application.

Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and Sony Vegas are editing applications. They are a LOT faster for editing than AE. If you have one, you should use it. You'll be a lot happier if you do.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jerry JunodRe: Visibility of layers
by on Sep 21, 2010 at 8:16:51 pm

Alright, I will try another you have mentioned. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved