ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AEi CS5, 3D Camera - Grid not visable in real time

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Hollis
AEi CS5, 3D Camera - Grid not visable in real time
on Sep 19, 2010 at 4:03:25 pm

I have just picked up AE CS5 for PC this week.

Following the recent tutorial from visual copilot (http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/energy/) I noticed that after creating a new simululation>CC Particle World, and turning it's Grid ON, then creating a new camera, when I move the 3D camera around, I do not see the grid move in real time, rather after I move the camera, the grid dissapears and the particle stays frozen, and after the move, it's as if the camera DID move, only I can't see it happen while I do it.

Is there a setting I should have toggled to allow real time placement of the 3D camera?

I should note that I'm using a relatively high end i7 machine with 6GB ram, and that I can move the composition in 2D space in real time without any hiccups.

Cheers,
Tom

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AEi CS5, 3D Camera - Grid not visible in real time
on Sep 20, 2010 at 2:49:15 pm

[Tom Hollis] "I should note that I'm using a relatively high end i7 machine with 6GB ram... "

6 gigs may seem like a lot to you, but I'm here to tall you that it's almost NOTHING in AE-Land. I'm going to get a new Windows box for AE work, and I'm putting 24GB on it.

So until you get more RAM, turn off multiprocessing and LEAVE IT OFF. You don't have anywhere near enough RAM to use it. If you use Open GL to accelerate renders, turn it off, too.

And you should look up the topic of Live Update in AE's online Help for your original question.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: AEi CS5, 3D Camera - Grid not visable in real time
on Sep 20, 2010 at 3:00:46 pm

Just tried it out and it seems the grid does turn off when you move the camera around.

You could make a fake grid. create a large solid, apply the grid effect, turn it into a 3D layer and put it in the approximate place where the CC Particle grid/floor is located.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
http://www.thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]