ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Keyframing the color of a solid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luis OrtizRe: Keyframing the color of a solid
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 12:54:41 am

In AE, can the color of a solid be keyframed to change?

For example, I'm using solids to remove blemishes from a video by using the pen tool to create a mask around the blemish and then the color picker from the "Solid Settings Panel" to match the color of the skin. That and tweaking the feathering and opacity controls are giving me some good results. The problem I'm having is that when I get to parts of the skin where the light changes, I am unable to keyframe the solid to change it's color. Can someone guide me to a solution? I've tried looking at previous posts and have been unable to find this subject matter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Keyframing the color of a solid
by on Sep 17, 2010 at 3:47:39 am

try adding the fill effect to the solid. it will allow you to pick a color, and if you click the stopwatch for the color chip, you'll be able to keyframe the color change.

note, by default, ae will use linear interpolation between the color keyframes, so the colors will blend in between colors. so if you don't want that, you'll either need to add an extra key a frame before the next color change or enable 'hold' keyframes in the animation menu.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

by on Sep 17, 2010 at 4:59:42 am

Thanks Kevin, for your help. I look forward to trying your suggestion in the morning. For now, I need some shut eye. 16 hours of AE is enough for one day. Lol.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 17, 2010 at 2:06:13 pm

The fill effect works great. Thanks again Kevin!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]