ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best way to export DV from After Effect to Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alberto BedinBest way to export DV from After Effect to Premiere
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 2:45:29 pm

I'm using both After Effect CS 5 and Premiere CS5.

I have DV video 872x480 video sequences (they will become 16:9 720x480 PAR 1.21 video) and after working in AE I would like to move them in Premiere.

What's the best output format? I've seen that Premiere can open AE files but AE must be running and it's also very very slow.

I can export my video in MPEG 2 (final result will be a DVD), but Premiere will render them again, right? Is this a problem for the final video quality?

Edit: I've just found this: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS2EC46BBB-CD7B-45c3-A929-DE1F...

Is this a good way?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Best way to export DV from After Effect to Premiere
by on Sep 14, 2010 at 8:58:12 pm

I wouldn't suggest that route in that webpage because that won't work if you're using effects that aren't in Premiere. And I definitely wouldn't do it as MPEG-2.

Export a lossless file out of AE and work with that in Premiere. Quicktime with the PNG codec seems to give smaller file sizes while still being lossless compared to Quicktime with the Animation codec or a lossless AVI.

This page gives some suggestions for working with AE and Premiere.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Alberto BedinRe: Best way to export DV from After Effect to Premiere
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 9:29:47 am

Oh, really the export to Premiere function does not export all effects from AE to Premiere? I can't believe!

I tried your link but it doesn't say anything about this.

Please could you give me an example of no-exporting effect?

So the best way is exporting in a lossless format? What about exporting as a tiff-sequence?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Best way to export DV from After Effect to Premiere
by on Sep 15, 2010 at 1:26:01 pm

[Alberto Bedin] "the export to Premiere function does not export all effects from AE to Premiere? I can't believe!"
You don't have to believe me, give it a try. Create a text layer and a solid in a new comp. Apply CC Particle World to the solid, then try that method of exporting your AE project as a Premiere project. Open it in Premiere. See what happens.

TIFF sequences are good. Targa sequences are pretty good if you want transparency.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]