ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Replacing pngs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed WillmoreReplacing pngs
by on Sep 13, 2010 at 3:23:59 pm

As a flash animator I have often improved animation and the AFX guys have accepted new pngs, stipulating they should be named the same. How do I update pngs into AFX without losing all the effects?

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Replacing pngs
by on Sep 13, 2010 at 5:49:11 pm

Your question is very unclear, but if you're asking how to replace source files used in an AE project with updated versions of those same files without losing the effects applied to those files within AE ...

Right click the file in the project panel, select "replace footage", go to the updated version on your hard drive and open that new file. AE will replace every instance of that file used within the project and all of the effects will remain the same in every comp and precomp ... as long as the updates to the source file don't affect how the effects work (i.e., if "updated" file is different pixel dimensions from the original or something similar).

Return to posts index

Ed WillmoreRe: Replacing pngs
by on Sep 13, 2010 at 7:02:21 pm

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Raphi SteinRe: Replacing pngs
by on Jan 31, 2011 at 5:21:43 pm

On a similar note,
I accidentally imported the same PNG twice and used them a few times each throughout the projects. I want to delete one (PNG 1) and have the other one (PNG 2) cover the holes it leaves. How do I replace all the instances of PNG 1 with PNG 2?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved