ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Large video files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aravind ChakravarthiLarge video files
by on Sep 8, 2010 at 6:36:21 pm

I am new to AE and I have some clips for a promo project that i am working on. I have to upload this on you tube and maximum upload limit is 1 GB. But the problem is, the screen video capture clips are very large(a 10 sec clip is about 310 MB). I don't want my video to be more than 1 GB and it is 1 Min 49 sec. I have some AE motion graphics too which are pretty large. Is there any way that I can reduce the size of the outcome video without sacrificing its quality? I have seen some really crisp AE motion graphics and clips which look like full quality and are small in size. I am using Fraps for screen video capture. Using the NTSDV Comp settings. I have always been wondering how AE designers tackle size problem without losing quality. It would also be okay if someone could tell me how to reduce the size of each clip so i can compile them and render and it would be less than 1 GB.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Large video files
by on Sep 8, 2010 at 7:03:17 pm

On youtube, there should be a section on the types of files you can upload, including file types frame rates and vertical & horizontal resolution.

Generally, files with h.264 compression are good, the maximum size is 1280x720, and you can go as high as 30fps. But you'd have to check to confirm.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved